Discuss about data security
- This article comprehensively, the comprehensive place, specializedly the discussion and the explanation the subject matter which will involve about the information as well as the data security, including data protection, data backup, data missing and restoration, data encryption and so on.Data security is the means of ensuring that data is kept safe from corruptio and that access to it is suitablycontrolled. Thus data security helps to ensureprivacy. It also helps in protecting personal data.
The data security is facing the following top 5 main threats:
- In the field of information technology, data missing refers to the unforeseen loss of data or information. An occurrence of data loss can be called a Data Loss Event and there are several possible root causes. Backup and recovery schemes are developed to restore lost data.
- Causes the data missing the reason to include:
- Intentional Action - Intentional deletion of a file or program.
- Unintentional Action - Accidental deletion of a file or program,Misplacement of CDs or floppies,Administration errors,Inability to read unknown file format.
- Failure - Power failure, resulting in data in volatile memory not being saved to permanent memory.Hardware failure, such as a head crash in a hard disk.A software crash or freeze, resulting in data not being saved.
- Software bugs or poor usability, such as not confirming a file delete command.Business failure (vendor bankruptcy), where data is stored with a software vendor using Software-as-a-service and SaaS data escrow has not been provisioned.Data corruption, such as filesystem corruption or database corruption.
- Disaster - Natural disaster, earthquake, flood, tornado,fire, etc.
2 , Network attack
- For system vulnerabilities and software bug attacks carried out mainly distributed denial of service attacks, using buffer overflow attacks.
3 , Virus or trojan
- A computer virus is a computer program that can copy itself and infect a computer. The term "virus" is also commonly but erroneously used to refer to other types of malware, adware, and spyware programs that do not have the reproductive ability. A true virus can only spread from one computer to another (in some form of executable code) when its host is taken to the target computer; for instance because a user sent it over a network or the Internet, or carried it on a removable medium such as a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB drive. Viruses can increase their chances of spreading to other computers by infecting files on a network file system or a file system that is accessed by another computer.
- Trojan horses are designed to allow a hacker remote access to a target computer system. Once a Trojan horse has been installed on a target computer system, it is possible for a hacker to access it remotely and perform various operations. The operations that a hacker can perform are limited by user privileges on the target computer system and the design of the Trojan horse.
4 , Password theft
- Data or disk file encryption and decryption is an important means of data protection, so by way of stealing passwords or illegal access to confidential access to computer information security threats to one of the main conditions.
5 , Human factors
- Interpersonal deception, or information data manager or owner inadvertently lead to data security threats and the most vulnerable situation.
Prevention and resolution of the top 10 main threats to data security methods or techniques
1 , Data recovery
- Data recovery is the process of salvaging data from damaged, failed, corrupted, or inaccessible secondary storage media when it cannot be accessed normally. Often the data are being salvaged from storage media such as hard disk drives, storage tapes, CDs, DVDs, RAID, and other electronics. Recovery may be required due to physical damage to the storage device or logical damage to the file system that prevents it from being mounted by the host operating system.
The most common "data recovery" scenario involves an operating system (OS) failure (typically on a single-disk, single-partition, single-OS system), in which case the goal is simply to copy all wanted files to another disk. This can be easily accomplished with a Live CD, most of which provide a means to mount the system drive and backup disks or removable media, and to move the files from the system disk to the backup media with a file manager or optical disc authoring software. Such cases can often be mitigated by disk partitioning and consistently storing valuable data files (or copies of them) on a different partition from the replaceable OS system files.
Another scenario involves a disk-level failure, such as a compromised file system or disk partition or a hard disk failure. In any of these cases, the data cannot be easily read. Depending on the situation, solutions involve repairing the file system, partition table or master boot record, or hard disk recovery techniques ranging from software-based recovery of corrupted data to hardware replacement on a physically damaged disk. If hard disk recovery is necessary, the disk itself has typically failed permanently, and the focus is rather on a one-time recovery, salvaging whatever data can be read.
In a third scenario, files have been "deleted" from a storage medium. Typically, deleted files are not erased immediately; instead, references to them in the directory structure are removed, and the space they occupy is made available for later overwriting. In the meantime, the original file may be restored.
Although there is some confusion as to the term, the term "data recovery" may be used to refer to such cases in the context of forensic purposes or spying.
- Data recovery also means unformat hard disk drive to recover data after format.
2 , Data backup
- Data is so precious for computer users. However, many unforeseen reasons, such as hardware problems, software problems, virus affection, hacker's attack, fault operations and other reasons, are threatening our computer. Under these threatens, your system may encounter crash, or even worse, your data will lose. Then how to protect you from this loss? The only answer for this is to download a file backup programs just like idooBackup file backups program.
3 , Data encryption
- Disk encryption is a special case of data at rest protection when the storage media is a sector-addressable device (e.g., a hard disk). This article presents cryptographic aspects of the problem. For discussion of different software packages and hardware devices devoted to this problem see disk encryption software and disk encryption hardware.
4 , Anti-Virus
- The common counter-viral software has Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Norton and so on
5 , Firewall
- A firewall is a part of a computer system or network that is designed to block unauthorized access while permitting authorized communications. It is a device or set of devices which is configured to permit or deny computer applications based upon a set of rules and other criteria.
Firewalls can be implemented in either hardware or software, or a combination of both.
- Firewalls are frequently used to prevent unauthorized Internet users from accessing private networks connected to the Internet, especially intranets. All messages entering or leaving the intranet pass through the firewall, which examines each message and blocks those that do not meet the specified security criteria.
- There are several types of firewall techniques:
- 1. Packet filter: Packet filtering inspects each packet passing through the network and accepts or rejects it based on user-defined rules. Although difficult to configure, it is fairly effective and mostly transparent to its users.It is susceptible to IP spoofing.
- 2. Application gateway: Applies security mechanisms to specific applications, such as FTP and Telnet servers. This is very effective, but can impose a performance degradation.
- 3. Circuit-level gateway: Applies security mechanisms when a TCP or UDP connection is established. Once the connection has been made, packets can flow between the hosts without further checking.
- 4. Proxy server: Intercepts all messages entering and leaving the network. The proxy server effectively hides the true network addresses.
6 , Installing the system or software patches
7 , Avoid downloading software with viruses and Trojan horses, or plug-ins
8 , Strengthening the prevention of natural disasters
9 , Do not visit sites that unhealthy
10 , Increase security awareness, strengthen management of enterprises and individuals